Oats, also known scientifically as Avena sativa, is a cereal that is extracted from a plant of the family of the Poaceae, which mainly come from Europe. Although oatmeal has traditionally served as animal feed, at present, it is a cereal that many people eat because it is a great source of fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
This product is also consumed in the form of oatmeal water, a beverage obtained by cooking the cereal with water. However, oatmeal water, besides being a delicious drink, can also be used externally in our face, since it is an excellent natural product for skin and makeup. Index
Properties and benefits of oat water for the skin
Oat water is a very beneficial drink both as a food and for cosmetic use due to its richness in essential nutrients such as: soluble fiber, proteins, and vitamins (among them group B and E), minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and potassium, healthy fatty acids and complex carbohydrates. Thanks to this nutritional composition, oatmeal water has the following properties and benefits for the skin:
- It is a powerful natural moisturizer due to its richness in fatty acids and proteins, which helps us maintain maximum hydration in our face. As a result, oatmeal water makes the skin look more radiant and smooth.
- This drink also has astringent properties ideal to eliminate and prevent some skin problems such as acne, blackheads and pimples. In addition, it is a good treatment for oily skin, since these properties help to regulate the excessive levels of sebum in the skin.
- Liquid oatmeal has exfoliating properties that help us eliminate the dead cells that accumulate in our face. Thanks to this, oats give skin free of impurities and, therefore, a luminous and rejuvenated complexion.
- Oatmeal water is also a good remedy for those skins more sensitive, as it has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce some symptoms of this type of skin such as irritation, redness, eczema and dryness.
- Finally, its moisturizing properties also give us benefits in makeup: on the one hand, it helps us to fix the makeup so that it remains intact for longer. And, on the other hand, increases the pigmentation of eye shadows or blushes intensifying the colors of these cosmetics.
How to use oatmeal water to fix makeup
Due to the different benefits that this excellent beverage can bring, there are different treatments and ways to enjoy these wonderful properties of oatmeal water for the skin. However, below, we explain one of its most popular uses in the world of cosmetics. Keep reading to know how to use oatmeal water to make the makeup stay fixed for much longer.
To get these excellent results in our makeup, you must first know how to make oatmeal water at home. For this, we will only need:
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1 liter of water
- 1 spray sprayer
Preparation and treatment
- Put a cup of oatmeal in a blender or a blender and enough water to cover them. When they are well covered with water, beat them until they are crushed.
- Once you have the crushed oats, take a saucepan and add these cereals together with the liter of water. Let the ingredients simmer.
- When the water reaches its boiling point, let it boil for 3-5 more minutes and then turn off the heat. Let the drink cool for a long time.
- Once the home remedy has cooled, strain the drink with a mesh in a spray that has a sprayer head. You’ll have the oatmeal water ready.
- Now that you have the treatment done, the next step will be to make up in the usual way.
- When you have finished making up your entire face, you will only have to apply the oatmeal water on your face (with your eyes closed) with the sprayer so that the makeup stays fixed and lasts for much longer.
Other home remedies with oatmeal water
As indicated above, oatmeal, in addition to being an excellent makeup fixative, can also be used in other forms on the skin. Here are some home remedies with this skin drink:
- Oatmeal water bath: this treatment is also ideal for the rest of our body due to its excellent moisturizing properties. To do this, fill your bathtub with warm water and a liter of oatmeal water and immerse yourself in it for 20 minutes. When you get out of the water, it is advisable to use a moisturizer to give more softness and elasticity to your skin.
- Natural facial toner: for this home remedy, simply, we have to have a clean face and apply the oatmeal in it with the help of a cotton disc, affecting the areas where more dirt and grease accumulates. Use it daily to show a clean, healthy and hydrated face.
- Oatmeal and yogurt mask for dry skin: if your skin needs an extra dose of hydration, this is the ideal remedy for you. You just need to mix 4 tablespoons of oatmeal and 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and apply this remedy on clean dry skin. Let it act for 15 minutes and then remove the mask with plenty of warm water.
Oatmeal water can also be used to nourish your hair and renew it, discover how to use it for it in the article How to make oatmeal water for hair.
If you want to read more articles like How to use oatmeal to fix makeup, we recommend you to enter our Beauty.
Article Source: Tape Daily