Like your smartphone, your router, modem, and the range extender supposed to be updated timely. In this post, we will guide you to update the firmware of your smart WiFi using NETGEAR Genie Setup page or software. First of all, we would like to ask, do you know what is a firmware? Well, a ‘firmware’ is a safe and reliable software program that is permanently fixed into a hardware device such as video cards, hard drive, as well as keyboards. On the other hand, it is perfectly programmed to give permanent and important instructions to communicate with other WiFi devices in order to perform basic output and input tasks.
Moreover, are you aware of Netgear Genie app? It is the most reliable and useful desktop app that is capable of running both on Mac and PC. It is also configured to manage home routers and providing a simple dashboard in order to repair, monitor, and control the home networking system. With the help of this app, you can also control your kids from accessing irrelevant sites via ‘Parental Control’ feature. Know more about Netgear Genie app, call our tech support team on toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.
Note: Be certain that you are using the latest version of router and the modem. Moreover, while accessing Netgear genie setup page via mywifiext, your computer must be connected physically with the router and after that:
- First of all, clear all the browsing history and after that open ‘NETGEAR Genie’ software and click on ‘Router Settings’.
- Now, on the settings page of your router, enter the username and password (default). If the login details don’t work then it means that you have changed the details from the configuration page of router before the process of installation and configuration. To get rid of such issues, call our tech support immediately or log into mywifiext.net.
Note: In order to access the router administration page, you have to connect your router physically and properly with the computer or laptop through a USB or Ethernet cable.
- After logging in successfully, you will be redirected to the wireless settings page of your Netgear router. Do not place your router in a dirty and congested place.
- Next, click on the arrows that are situated on the top-right corner just to see tab for your ‘router update’.
- Once you have hit the ‘router update’ tab, you have to click on the ‘next’ button in order to check the availability and accessibility for your router’s firmware.
Note: Your router supposed to be placed far away from cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, electronic devices/ toys, and metal appliances. Remember, this placement of WiFi devices also helps those users who complaints that their Mywifiext.net not working.
At this moment, NETGEAR Genie will automatically detect the new firmware available for your router.
- Next, you have to click on the message ‘A New Firmware Upgrade is Available’.
- Here, you have to hit the ‘next’ button. After hitting, you will see that Netgear genie will say ‘firmware check is completed successfully’. This step will also provide you step by step instructions on how to update the firmware of your device.
- It will automatically open a web browser that will show you the login page of your Netgear router. After logging into the settings page, click on ‘a router firmware update is available’ message in order to initiate the process of router’s update. Your device will now attempt to connect to NETGEAR servers to collect secured information about the new firmware installed recently.
- Now, click on yes in order to proceed with the firmware update. Your Netgear device will download the new firmware automatically and proceed with the uploading process. As soon as the procedure of Netgear Firmware gets completed, the router will be automatically rebooted.
- On the top-right corner of the page, you will see the latest firmware version downloaded on your router.
If the above-mentioned points work for you, then do let us know in the comment box given below. Furthermore, you are also free to ask in case you cannot open mywifiext.net. We hope that you enjoy our post in updating the firmware on your Netgear device. We can help and serve you more often. Please do let us know that how we can do that.