Interaction or communication is a vital process that forms the foundation of any relationship. This holds true for business processes as well. A company has to communicate with its customers. The simple solution is setting up a special place where all the calls of the customers are answered. You can simply set your own customer care center or simply outsource the services.
The importance of call center services is inevitable these days. However, the question I am catering in this write-up is the importance of these services in a small business. While big brands like American Express, Airtel and many more have invested a good amount of resources in giving exceptional customer care services , the question of the hour is to see that whether the charms of quality call center services is equally applicable to small businesses.
Let’s take a sneak peek into the same:
Profitability is the vital aspect that defines the fortune of any business. For instance, you have a bakery house and because of a lack of manpower, you have to bake delicious cookies and take the orders for the goods as well. This might sound challenging taking away your attention from the core business of baking. In the same scenario, having a separate call center services in USA, in-house or outsourced can really help you focus on delivering cookies and cakes that can win your customers heart. In other words, you can lay the foundation of good quality food which will be seen into an increasing number of orders that you will get.
The number of people in the call center
Whether to create a separate call center facility or go for an in-house service highly depends on the scale of your business. Depending upon the scale of your business, you have to think the number of people that you have to hire for meeting your current business. If the nature of the business has a higher number of frequency of calls, then you would be needing more agents. The number also depends on the fact that whether your business requires making long conversations or short conversations. This really defines the number of people you have to keep at your call center.
Services that you want
You have to ascertain the services you want before you set your own call center. This really depends on the nature and scale of your business. You have to see who all you need:
- A person to schedule appointments
- A group for interacting with marketers
- A group for customer service support and follow up
- A group that manages the email account
Whether I can set up a call center at my home?
There are many questions that you need to deal with before taking this decision:
- It is important to see that you have enough space at your home for setting up an in-house call center within your home premises. But, do make sure that it is not located near your child’s bedroom or family room. As these areas, bring in a lot of noise. That’s why a part of the home which is a bit secluded from the normal functions of the day can be used for setting up an in-house call center.
- You can definitely order multiline phone systems and headsets. This really cost you less especially when you place bulk orders. Also, when bought from a business perspective you definitely enjoy tax benefits on the same.
- Do give good emphasis on the security system of the computers. If any of your family members use the computer system, then it can really be fatal for your company’s data. There is a likely possibility that the data will be deleted. Thus, give the ability to access your computers to your agents only.
- A comfortable furniture is another thing that you need for your call center. The more the comfort would be the better the productivity would be.
Thought to take away
In the end, the prime objective of setting up the call center is to create a primary point of contact wherein all your customers’ queries will be resolved. This is very important for any business to spread its wings. Thus, setting up a call center service when you have a small business plays a vital role in expanding the same.