IVF treatment is a blessing to those couples who are not able to conceive naturally. These treatments have brought in new levels of hopes to couples. But the real pain and agony happen when these treatments fail. These treatments are associated with a success rate and every fertility clinic out there has a success rate percentage on which they operate. The success rate is very subjective to the condition of the couple and the level of treatment options available in these fertility hospitals. For fertility clinic in Bangalore, the typical success around is measure around the cases dealt and successful ones. Hence there is no fixed success and failure. Let us look at the reasons and the treatment options available for a failed IVF.
Top reasons for failure:
- Embryo quality and implant failure – This is the most important reason why IVF fails. Embryos are produced in labs and are then implanted to the uterus. At this stage, the embryo implant fails and is not able to grow inside a uterus.
- Quality and quantity of women’s egg – Age and female fertility are closely related and it is very important to consider the age of the egg when it comes to an IVF treatment. Older eggs are poorer in quality and its ability to implant reduces.
- Ovarian health: Sometimes the ovaries are not responsive to the treatment option. These issues make the fertility treatment useless.
- Lifestyle factors: Overweight and smoking causes miscarriage.
Treatment for repeated IVF failures:
- Counseling: You will be undergoing an emotional turmoil and it is important that you need some medical advice before you begin your next cycle of IVF treatment. A fertility counselor would help you come out of it and help you face the challenge ahead of you. He/she will explain the treatment programme and the crucial things which you should be looking after.
- Initial screening for infertility: This test will help the physician analyze your infertility causes at a deep level and structure the programme effectively. This will include a blood test, semen analysis, and a vaginal ultrasound.
- Based on the test results, the treatment is structured and suggested. Some of the common treatment options are Ovulation induction and cycle monitoring, In-vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), intrauterine insemination (IUI), micro testicular sperm extraction.
- General IVF cycles are 2 & 3. Most IVF is successful in the first cycle itself if there are no complications involved.
So even if you have a failed IVF, it is perfectly alright to try one more time. Fertility clinics in Mumbai, Bangalore, and Pune are open to sharing their customer testimonials and success rate% for couples who come for the consultation.