While orthopedics does not create life, then do try and do everything they can improve our quality of life, which not only can add meaning to our lives, but enables us to live without the suffering and pain that chronic pain or injury can bring. And that is where orthopedic implants come in. Implants are used as replacements of body parts, and usually the results are life-altering.
The three most common types of orthopedic implants are screws, plates, and prostheses which is provided by an orthopedic equipment manufacturers and you can be sure that once your hardware is in position, you will feel like your orthopedist has brought you back to life!
Looking nearly identical to the screws you might find at a hardware store, orthopedic screws can have either a Philips or flat head, and are used to tighten up damaged areas, such as a rotator cuff or torn labrum. Expect your orthopedist to use screws to repair fractured bone or restore stability in a weak part, and don’t expect to have them removed. Typically, your screws are there to stay.
Orthopedic plates were first used to fix long bone fractures in 1886. There are main five types of plates:
- Buttress plates are used to hold together fractures at the end of long bones, at the ankle and knee, where the fracture site experiences large comprehensive and other distorting forces. These bone plates are contoured so they can move with the body, however, some may be L-or T-shaped.
- Neutralization plates are not a specific plate, but rather, a category of plates that work to span the fractured area, balancing the load so that screws or other devices can secure and stabilize the area.
- Bridging plates are used to stabilize the part while providing alignment and length. Moreover, bridging plates promote secondary bone healing because they preserve the blood supply to the fracture fragments by not disrupting the damaged part.
- Tension plates often are wires used to secure a part as it heals
- Compression plates are metallic plates used to repair a bone by using dynamic pressure between bone fragments to help in healing.
Orthopedists use a variety of orthopedic prosthetic implants to replace missing bones or joints, or to provide support to a damaged bone. Most commonly, orthopedists use prostheses for hips and knees, allowing the patients to regain full range of movement, pain-free, in a relatively short amount of time. In some cases, the prosthetic material can be combined with healthy bone to replace damaged or diseased bone, or prostheses can replace certain portions of a joint bone entirely.
Siora Surgicals is one of the best trauma implants manufacturers and supplier company in India. The company offer different rage of surgicals product such as Bone Screws, Locking Plates, Trauma Bone Plates, AFN Nailing System, Cannulated Screws, Large Fragment Locking Compression Plate, Mini Fragment Implants, Multifix Tibia Nails, Small Fragment Locking Implants, Hip Prosthesis, Dynamic Hip Screw, Dynamic Condylar Screw, Interlocking Nails, Intramedullary Interlocking Nails, Proximal Femoral Nailing Antirotation, Angled blade plates etc.