If you are working in Utah and during that time if you face any work related injury or illness, then you are entitled to the workers comp to cover your needs. The needs that are covered under the workers comp include medical bills, lost wages and rehabilitation expenses. There have been instances where a number of injured workers have had a difficult in receiving these benefits. If such a situation arises; then the workers should make sure that they take the help of workers comp attorney Utah.
What can the workers comp attorney do?
The workers comp attorney Utah can file for either of the two claims depending on the accident that happened like:
- Administrative claim- If the injury that you have incurred is due to the negligence of your co-workers or employer; then you are entitled to an administrative claim. With this claim you can get compensation for medical bills and wages that you have lost. One can also receive benefits for their permanent impairments as well
- Third party claim- This type of a claim is filed in case your work related injury as because of someone who is not your co-worker or employer. The civil court handles such types of claims; these claims allow one to collect benefits for the expenses also as an administrative claim. In this claim one can get compensation for their pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment in life. Future economic loss can also be considered.
The worker comp benefits
The workers compensation provides the workers with the assurance that their health would be taken care of. It is a program that helps and takes care of the well being of the workers; it also makes sure that proper working conditions are maintained. It in a way gives the workers the confidence on their job. It helps to cover the following things:
- Medical expenses- The workers compensation takes care of the medical expenses. The medical expenses that are covered are doctor bills, hospital bills, medical treatment and many others. In a few cases the workers compensation allows the injured employee to choose a medical provider that they prefer.
- Vocational rehabilitation- This is the place where you go if the injury is serious and it needs full relaxation to heal. In such a case the workers compensation covers this expense as well as it covers the restraining for your job.
- Disability pay- This includes the cheques that you would normally get of you would be still working. In case you are permanently disabled and cannot work anymore then these cheques never stop coming.
- Families- The workers compensation also makes sure that the employee’s families are well fed and taken care of while you are not working and are bed ridden.
The workers comp is not a bad option if the injury is quite serious and needs immediate medical attention. A person just needs to act in time and make sure to contact an attorney to fight for their rights if necessary.