Without any fear, enjoy the convenience of having high-range of WiFi network all over your home or office. The high internet range of Orbi spreads the internet signals from your backyard to terrace. It also provides you convenience for watching your favorite shows on your smart devices like computer, laptop or a tablet. Great! Isn’t it?
Here in this post, we will provide you with some handy and valuable Orbi setup instructions so that you can get rid of dead zones and poor connectivity areas.
Tips for Optimal Orbi Setup and Satellite
- First of all, you have to unplug your main modem and remove and replace its battery for backup (if it uses one). After few minutes, plug in the modem back.
- Connect your latest version of modem to the yellow internet port on your Orbi router using a well-maintained and dust-free Ethernet/ USB cable.
- Wait for few seconds and insert the Orbi router to a damage-free electrical outlet. In case, the power LED lights on the back panel of your device doesn’t blink, then consider pushing its power (On/ Off) button.
- Here, you have to wait for few more minutes for the Orbi router’s ring LED to turns it color to solid white and after that pulse white.
- The placement of the Orbi satellite supposed to be at the middle of your house to get the best WiFi coverage and to get rid of Netgear orbi connection issues
- Plug in the Orbi satellite to a wall socket. If its LED doesn’t blink, then press the On/ Off (power) button once.
- Wait for couple of minutes and let the satellite attempts to sync with your WiFi router. You might see pulse magenta light here. If not, then contact our executives for Orbi setup help.
- Once the Orbi Satellite’s ring LED pulses magenta, it lights one of the below-given colors for few seconds and turns off automatically:
Solid Blue: There is a very well connection between your Orbi router and the Orbi satellite.
Solid Magenta: Orbi satellite and Orbi router cannot connect with each other. For best results, move both the devices closer to them and out of the reach of doors, windows, and Bluetooth devices.
Solid Amber: The connection between both the devices is quite good. But to make a solid connection, place both the devices away from public WiFi, metal appliances, and electronic gadgets.
Visit us for Netgear orbi setup instructions.
Important Note: In case, the Orbi satellite’s ring is still pulsing magenta, and you have moved both the devices within the reach of each other, then consider pressing the Sync button on both the devices simultaneously. If the Orbi satellite syncs with the Orbi router successfully, the LED light on your satellite device will turn to pulse white. The solid blue lights indicate a good connection. Don’t worry when it turns off automatically.
- Connect your mobile device, computer or laptop to the satellite or Orbi router with a WiFi connection or using an Ethernet cable. In order to connect with the WiFi connection, find the preset network name (SSID) and passphrase (password) on the label on the satellite or Orbi router and connect to that network from your WiFi-enabled device properly.
- Visit us for Netgear Extender Support and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Orbi network with ease.
The LED of Orbi router will turn off automatically once the setup process is completed successfully.
Still facing Orbi setup issues? Drop all your worries and interact with our technical department for Orbi setup troubleshooting tips.