There are many new medicines invented to treat lung cancer nonetheless the medicines are not available to the patients for many reasons like delays in market authorization and bureaucratic delays. If you are searching for the right information on lung cancer and about its effective treatment you are in the right place. With the service of talented doctors and the advice offered by them you will be able to know what to do. Here are the ten things you need to be aware about the lung cancer.
- Symptoms that lead to lung cancer
The lung cancer in early stages cannot be easily diagnosed because the symptoms are not visible. However, as it grows there will be visibility of common symptoms like
- Persistent cough
- Weakness and fatigue
- Blood coughs
- Development of bronchitis
- Loss of appetite
- The two main types of lung cancer
NSCLC -Non-small cell lung cancer and SCLC – the small cell lung cancer are the two known types in lung cancer. Many people are diagnosed with the first type of cancer called the NSCLC. Some of the categories in this type of cancer are the following.
- Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of cancer that can be found in people who are regular smokers or who have formerly smoked. This cancer is also found in non-smokers. This cancer is mostly found in women than men. Younger people are more prone to this type of cancer.
- Squamous cell (epidermoid) carcinoma is a type of cancer that is connected with smoking.
- Large cell (undifferentiated) carcinoma is a type of cancer that develops in the areas of the lungs. It spreads faster than the others.
- SCLC is a cancer that develops in the parts of the chests. The smokers are prone to this type of cancer. The cancer spreads to every part in the body rapidly.
- Non-smokers are also affected by lung cancer
The risks of cancers are more for the person who smoke but that is not the whole truth. Many people who never smoke die of cancer every year. People who live with the smoker are also affected by lung cancer. People who are exposed to the smoke released by the smoker are also in danger of getting cancer.
- Environment factors
A gas called radon is the number one factor that is the leading cause for lung cancer. This odourless, tasteless gas which belongs to nature is naturally harmless but it can become concentrated in the houses which are built in soil containing uranium deposits.
- Screening can be beneficial to identify the root cause
For people with high risk of cancer, screening is beneficial to check if they are diagnosed with cancer. Smokers and former smokers can go for a check-up to trace lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is treatable at an early stage
Lung Cancer Treatment is based on the facts like the type of the cancer, the location of the tumours and the stage of the cancer. The first stage cancer awareness is encouraged for people who are afraid to deal with cancer. Doctors suggest that the early stage identification of cancer is treatable. India’s top doctors with the best cancer patient caring facility can provide effective treatment.