Are you the one who gets scared of examination easily? If yes, believe me, you are not alone. There are some students who get scared just by the name of examination. Can you imagine what will happen if they get to know that the test is not an easy one? If you are thinking of giving any entrance examinations for your higher studies, but are scared by the name. If you want a comparison between WBJEE vs. JEE mains then you need to go through this article. In this section, we are providing you a complete comparison between WBJEE vs. JEE mains.
WBJEE stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations. It is a state-government controlled centralized test. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board conducts WBJEE. A candidate needs to crack the examination to seek admission to any government or private institutions in West Bengal. This examination is for medical and engineering colleges both. It is among the prestigious tests. The mode of examination is offline.
Any candidate who had passed their 10+2 or equivalent with at least 45% is eligible for the examination. There is no need for West Bengal domicile. There are two papers in WBJEE. Paper 1 is of mathematics or biology. Paper 2 is of physics and chemistry. A candidate gets a total of two hours for each paper.
JEE is an undergraduate entrance examination. The National Testing Agency conducts JEE every year. It is for all the aspirants who want to study in the top engineering colleges of India. One can get admission in the various IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, etc. by cracking the JEE examination. JEE examination is held twice a year. This means a candidate can appear twice in a year for the entrance exam
Highlights of WBJEE vs. JEE mains
One of the questions that a candidate normally asks is that if WBJEE tougher than JEE mains. Below we have done a comparison between both the examinations. Below we are providing you the similarity and the difference between the two. We keep each point in our mind to scale them in the level of their difficulties. Let us find out who will win in the battle called WBJEE vs. JEE mains.
- By cracking any of the examinations, a candidate can get admission in the engineering college.
- Both the examinations need a strong foundation of concepts.
- A candidate needs to answer the questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- WBJEE also issues the WBJEE answer key just like JEE examination.
- A candidate needs to solve Multiple choice questions in both the examination.
- There is negative marking in both the examinations.
- There is no need of domicile certificate in both the examination.
- The very first difference of WBJEE vs. JEE mains is that WBJEE is a state-based entrance examination. JEE Mains is a national level entrance examination.
- The second difference is that a candidate can get admission in the top colleges of India through JEE Mains. An aspirant can get the colleges in West Bengal region through WBJEE.
- The basic difference of WBJEE vs. JEE mains is the mode of the examination. The mode of JEE Mains is online i.e., computer-based. While the mode of the WBJEE is offline.
- A candidate needs to have secured at least 75% marks in class 12th for appearing in JEE Mains. The minimum eligibility for WBJEE is 45% marks in class 12th.
- JEE is conducted twice every year. WBJEE is conducted once a year.
- A candidate gets a total of three hours for JEE Mains for solving the question of physics, mathematics, and chemistry. A candidate gets two hours to solve the mathematical questions for WBJEE in the first shift. In the second shift also, a candidate gets two hours for questions of physics and chemistry.
- The question paper is available in two languages i.e., English and Hindi for JEE Mains while the languages are English and Bengali for WBJEE.
- There are 40 questions each of physics and chemistry in WBJEE examination. A total of 30 questions are there in JEE Mains each of physics and chemistry.
- The number of questions of mathematics in WBJEE is 75. In JEE, it is 30.
- An important point for WBJEE vs. JEE is that the questions in WBJEE are often lengthy.
- The level of JEE Mains is difficult while the level of WBJEE is an easy one.
- WBJEE asks questions for 200 marks while the total marks of JEE are 360.
- Each year the number of candidates appearing for JEE Mains is more than that in WBJEE.
JEE is the joint entrance examination. The National Testing Agency conducts the JEE mains every year. A lot of engineering aspirants try their luck in the entrance examination. WBJEE is the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations. WBJEEB conducts the WBJEE examination every year. WBJEEB provides the WBJEE answer key just like the authority of JEE. The syllabus for both the examination is similar. The JEE covers the CBSE syllabus for the examination. The WBJEE along with CBSE syllabus asks some question from the West Bengal Board also. Also, it is easily notable that the question of JEE Mains is conceptual and difficult. The questions asked in WBJEE are basic and lengthy.
Every year, one compares both the examination in terms of their difficulty. There is no doubt that JEE Mains is one of the toughest examinations for engineering aspirants. Also one can say that since a lot of candidates sit in the JEE Mains entrance examination, so there is a solid competition among them. As the number of candidates is not too high in WBJEE as that in JEE, there is more chance of getting a good result. JEE Mains is one of the challenging entrance examinations. If a candidate prepares well for JEE Mains, he/she can easily crack exams like WBJEE, VIT or other state level examinations. Even though one is difficult than the other but we should not take it for granted. We should work hard and try our level best to crack any examination for seeking admission in the engineering colleges.