To sayInstagram has been a success story since its launch in October 2010 would be an understatement. The photo sharing platform gained 2 million users within 2 months after it was launched by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, 10 million users within 1 year of launch and had reached 80 million users by July 2012. Today, Instagram boasts over 700 million monthly active users (MAUs) and its growth is faster than any other social media platform. Along the way, the app has won a number of accolades including the iPhone App of the Year among others.
If you are running an online web design service, this is the perfect platform to boost your business for many good reasons. Below are some of the ways through which you can leverage the immense power of this social media platform:
- Increased brand awareness – One of the toughest aspects of online marketing is growing your company’s visibility. If your business is not appearing high on search engine result pages (SERPs) for target keywords, you simply don’t exist. Instagram can help you increase your brand’s awarenessamong your target audience and this is a good reason to integrate it into your marketing strategy.
- More traffic to your site – As a web designer, you appreciate how important traffic to your site is. Getting leads is not easy but you can now capitalize on real Instagram followers and convert them into site visitors. As your follower base grows, you should up the game by creating content that is aimed at driving traffic to your website.
- More engagement – One of the reasons whyInstagram has become popular with businesses is the fact that it delivers more engagement than any other social media platform. As a web designer, you need to constantly stay in touch with your target audience. There is no better way to do this than by using a platform which they are using.
- Showcasing your designs –Instagram marketing is all about visuals and the best way to leverage this powerful platform is by showcasing your web designs. If you have creative and unique designs, it will only be a matter of time before your posts start getting traction. If you are keen on scheduling, more people will people will start following you and this is what every marketer wants.
- Fueling other marketing platforms – Most likely, you already have other social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter among others. You can now post your IG content across a number of platforms to leverage the power of visuals. The fact that internet users love visuals makes it easier to reach your target market by posting the best visuals from your Instagramcampaign.
- Learn more about your target customers – People come to Instagram to share their feelings. They love showing off what they love. You might be surprised to learn that your business is already on the platform. Whether it is a positive or negative post, the feedback you get here is invaluable.
Harris Scott is a leading blog writer and a digital marketing consultant. He is an expert in techniques to help businesses get real Instagram followers.