Bhopal exudes the royal charm for the important cultural heritage this city possesses. Not only famous for the lakes and the natural beauty this place holds, the religious places of Bhopal bear an important significance in terms of historical appropriation of the history of this city.
Book hotel in Bhopal before you reach to this fascinatingly beautiful city. Because in many occasions and festive seasons, religious places of Bhopal become crowded with hundreds of devotees all across the nation. Check out these fabulous religious places of Bhopal on your trip. Give it a read.
- Birla Temple: Other wisely known as Laxmi Narayan Temple, this is one of the most famous temples of Bhopal. This temple houses Laxmi and her divine consort, Narayan. The architectural brilliance of this temple and the serenity of the temple premise will make you fall in love with this place the moment you step inside the temple premise. Don’t forget to visit this place.
- Gufa Mandir: This temple is perched on a lofty hill and is historically immensely important. Initially this temple was built inside a rock cave and from there it has derived its present name. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Check out another temple which is located nearby, Hanuman Mandir.
- Khatla Pura Temple: One of the oldest temples of this state, the famous Khatla Pura Temple is dedicated to Lord Rama. Check out other deities of this temple which include Sita, Laxman and Hanuman. The Do-Gyaras festival is the focal point of this temple during which hundreds of devotees come to this place.
- ManuaBhankiTekri: One of the very important pilgrimages of our country, this temple is located 10km away from the heart of the city. Perched on a hill, this temple has a windy staircase which you will love. Also, because this temple is located at a certain elevation, the temple premise provides you a panoramic view of the whole of the green city of Bhopal. Do check this place out.
- Taj Ul Masjid: Built by Shah Jahan Begum, this is one of the largest mosques of Asia. This mosque is a huge architectural site with three onion-shaped white domes and two minarets. The reddish pink sandstone built building is something amazing and is a real marvel to visit. Do check this place out.
- Moti Masjid: Another beautiful mosque to visit in Bhopal. The simple yet elegant structure of this mosque will mesmerize you. There are 11 arched gateways and two minarets of this mosque which are mesmerizing. The white façade of this mosque will sooth your mid. This mosque was built by the 2nd female ruler of Bhopal in the 19th If possible, try to spend the afternoon at this place and witness the sun set from here.
- Jama Masjid: This mosque was built after its Delhi counterpart and you must not miss a chance to visit this place.
Check out the hotels in Bhopal India and have a grand trip ahead!