Well, without any doubt, one can say a car cannot function without the concept of the brakes. It is also a deciding factor whether you will live or die if your car is at high speeds. People, in general, discuss all kinds of equipment and tools in the car like the steering, the size of the engine, audio speakers, stereos, horsepower, tires, speed, and so on. However, they forget the basic functionality on which the car operates. No one talks about car brakes. How crucial they are to the functioning of the car. Without brakes, the car won’t stop neither it takes a halt. Unless and until it is hit, by something or the fuel drains out. Getting your car serviced at regular intervals and improving the efficiency of your brakes not only keeps you safe, but also adds less expense to your pocket.
An ideal time to check your brakes is when you change the oil and filters of your automobile. You will come to know the difference after you test drive your car. You can replace them if you find any faults. It only takes a matter of minutes to check them. To maintain a longer life of your brakes, make sure it is free of moisture and has clean brake fluids. Many of the people recommend changing the fluid after every 12,000 miles. The brake fluid flows through the brake lines. At times, air passes way through the lines if there is any fault in the sealed system. It is also a matter of concern if the air sets in.
Brakes can be classified into two categories, one being the disc brake and the other being drum brakes. In the previous times, the lining on the brake pads was created from asbestos. People, now, use ceramic or semi-metallic blends to make them safe and reliable. They still wear out because when people apply brakes, the brake pads are pressed hydraulically against the drum brakes of the disc brakes to halt the car. The constant pressing against this drums and disc decrease the life span and eventually needs replacing. So, always be careful and keep a check on your car brakes.
5 Factors Will Send You a Warning Sign and Let You Know That It Is Time to Get Your Brakes Checked:
- The first indication you will experience is when your vehicle will make a squealing noise once the brake is applied.
- Your car will itself make you aware when the light on your dashboard stays on, which shows the brake warning light.
- Another indication is, when your car takes a longer time to halt rather than a matter of seconds.
- You will feel the need to change your brakes when you experience that your pedal brake responds slowly and feels soft.
- Vibrations in your pedal brake is also a potential warning sign as the brake rotors heats and cool down many times, which affects the overall working of your brakes. One can resolve this issue by simply changing the rotors by ensuring they are made as flat as possible.
The modern day high-end cars come with advanced technology. They have brake pad sensors installed in them, which let the driver know whether the brakes have worn out or not. A warning light flickers if the brakes need any servicing. Getting your car serviced is very importance role that one must not ignore. The experts who have extensive experience and knowledge in fixing such issues, best handle this work. If there is any problem, get it rectified as soon as possible without any delay. Take the brakes box services to repair your damaged brakes immediately.